Must have missed this question.
Thanks Chris smart.
I have produced radio stories and series with Pro tools for almost... 14 years or so now give or take....perhaps longer. However the demands of radio with pro tools differ a great deal from music making, and my other media background means I bring other skills to the table of my work.
Still, when i determined the need, I learned what was required.
In my own personal case I could draw upon other radio associates, one of whom came to my NYC studio at the time for the in person training I personally insist upon for any new electronic task...and I paid him.
I have never been a windows user, so cannot speak to  changing platforms.
My personal approach is to insure I have not only the tools I require, but the individuals to hand as much as possible to maintain those tools. My mac was not custom built, only custom configured, but my other computers are always built to my specifications. This is me, and I am the first to say firmly my situation applies to no one else.
Karen

On Thu, 31 Aug 2017, Chris Smart wrote:

> Do you use ProTools, Karen?

I don't, but I do like reading here to see what's happening with the folks who do use it.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Pro Tools Accessibility" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ptaccess+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.