Hi all

Does anyone of you store your samples on SSDs in a thunderbolt enclosure? Is a
Samsung Evo 850 good enough for this? I imagine this would be the way to go if
I want to have a fast and quiet setup.

I’m looking for a thunderbolt enclosure which can hold 4 SSDs. It should be
very quiet because most of my other things are, best without fan if this is no
problem with SSDs. I have a MacBook Pro 15 from 2015 with thunderbolt 2.

But I think I may get a more powerful mac pro only for music production after
some time which probably would have thunderbolt 3, so this enclosure should be
compatible with both.

My idea would be to use individual SSDs, one for the samples, for the projects,
for temp data ...

I read about enclosures from Akitio or OWC.

Should I even bother with raid 0 for the samples or is this just wasted effort
and money for sample libraries?

I just bought NI complete 11 ultimate and am waiting for the download
instructions. Later I probably will need a serious orchestra library. So that’s
why I’m asking if raid 0 is needed or not.

Thanks for your thoughts on this and kind regards

Ben