All,

I’ve been experimenting with recording my acoustic guitar into ProTools and, I
bet you don’t need me to tell you, but it’s a blast. I haven’t been having as
much luck with my electric guitar, though.

I have an audio interface, but when I plug in my guitar and set the switch to
instrument, I don’t get any sound. So I’m sure it’s a problem on the ProTools
side. So, a few questions:

To record my electric guitar in this fashion, should I create an audio track,
an instrument track, or a midi track? So far, when I try an instrument track, I
get no audio.
I have a few instruments that came as free downloads with PT. Does this apply
to electric guitar, or do I have to use a midi controller to be able to use
these sounds? Does this question make sense?

Anyway, there’s a lot to unpack here, so if anyone cares to mail me off list,
please feel free to do so at the address in my signature line.

My very best,

Desmond Delgadillo
Freelance Content Writer

e:      desdelgadi...@gmail.com <mailto:desdelgadi...@gmail.com>