You would need. A double dongle solution to make it work you will need the
firewire to thunderbolt adapter, and then connect the thunderbolt end to the
thunderbolt 2 to thunderbolt 3 adapter. Think of the ports on the MacBook Pro
as Thunderbolt 3 ports which also support USB-C.  Since the USB-C and
Thunderbolt 3 cable has the same connectors even though the cable themselves
are  different.