First, I don't have a control surface; please don't shoot me with a gun.

I am trying to lay down some vocals over a karaoke track which I own. The short version of the story is, the karaoke track ends very abruptly, and very coldly. Trust me when I say, it sounds absolutely God Aweful!

What essentially I'd like to do is sing with the track out to the very end where it cuts off abruptly. The end of the song tags, and just keeps repeating over and over. So, this should be quite doable therefore.

Once that's done, I want to somehow select both tracks, which yes, I do know how to do in the track list table. That's easy!

Then I want to put my cursor/playhead, call it what you will, at the start of where I want the fade to begin.

Then, what I want is a natural lennier fade which isn't too fast/jarring, but just a natural fade, that will fade to the end of the session whereby once the session reaches the end, the fade will cause everything to be at silence.

This way, that abrupt ending will play, but by the time it does, you won't hear it as the fade will have caused it by then to be inaudible.

I just don't know after selecting my two tracks, and fast forwarding to where I want the fade to start, what then I need to do to make this as automatic as possible. I kind a remember there being a way to fade to end, but would that sound natural? I know it won't so as much as if I did it manually with a surface... Duh! I get that, but right now without one on hand, this is the best I can do.

I've got flotools, but it's acting really finnicky for some reason. Half the time it works, half the time it doesn't. But, that's for another post. Yeah, it's up to date, and so is ProTools. Go figure.