Actually, no. It doesn't; I'm still a bit confused.

Wouldn't the scenareo you describe be better suited by writing effect automation to the track over that five second selection? I guess what I'm saying is, what would be the advantage of using one over the other, or is this one of those cases where some choose a ford, some choose a lamborghini. Either will get you to the same destination. It's just which one you prefer.

Chris.