Select the clip whose beginning was overwritten. To move the left boundary of
the clip to the left (or earlier to reveal more of the clip as it was
previously), press Option minus on the numeric keypad. This will adjust it by
the nudge value so be sure to use a nudge value of more than a millisecond or
10 milliseconds. You'll probably want to use at least 100 milliseconds or 500
milliseconds. If you go too far, use Option and the plus key on the num pad. To
do the same with the right side of the clip, use the Command modifier instead.
HTH,
Slau