Hi, I have been able to do this by just loging into my Apple ID and downloading the installer for the version I wish to restore to and just using directions on line on how to create an USB installation key but first make sure you backup all of your data first.  There are also programs like Super Duper and Carbon Copy Cloner that can make a bootable drive backup of your system and I find those very accessible and usable.  Nick Gawronski

On 8/20/2020 6:57 AM, dingram...@earthlink.net wrote:
How do you create the time machine backup so that you can restore the mac mini
back to the older operating system?

-----Original Message-----
From: John Covici <cov...@ccs.covici.com>
Sent: Aug 20, 2020 6:27 AM
To: ptaccess@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Is there a way to restore your system back to the previous
operating system?

Not unless you have a time machine backup with an older OS and you
would have to restore your whole disk back to that time machine
backup.

On Thu, 20 Aug 2020 06:21:01 -0400,
<dingram...@earthlink.net> wrote:
Hi list members, i'd like to know if it is possible for me to restore my mac
mini to the previous operating system?  I ask this because I wasn't sure
whether pro Tools and or other programs would work properly using the most
current operating system which is Catalina 10.15.6.  Thank you for any
information that you might have concerning this question.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptaccess/606789429.225.1597918861937%40wamui-kristoff.atl.sa.earthlink.net.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici wb2una