Hi folks,
have been a major lurker because until now I had little reason to imagine updating my pro tools license. Likewise, am unsure if I can do this, while keeping the personal accommodations I require for equipment. Towards that end I have a couple of numbers related questions, mostly about pro tools, but come to consider I will ask about a mic setup as well. I came to all his from studio radio, have a digi control surface in fact, with very important for me physical controls..and it is still in working condition.
Our license goes back quite a while..pro tools 6.
leading me to the following questions.
What is the latest Pro tools I can upgrade to that still supports digi 002 hardware? If the mac, or macbook pro I intend using remains at the pre Catalina days, will that impact my edition choice?
What about flow tools?
I am very use to, and prefer the physical aspects of mixing, again I came to pro tools from an NPR type of background. Would I be better served paying for in-person training, I learn better this way, making flow tools less of a reasonable approach? lastly, leading from an analog to digital production setup mindset, anyone here ever hear of an airbox? If so, ideas on costs?
Thanks all the way around,
Karen