Hi All,

Monthly Meet-ups
About the meet-up sessions
Sound Without Sight is a community-led initiative, which collates and commissions resources to support blind and partially sighted musicians, audio engineers, voiceover artists, and other industry professionals to thrive. We want Sound Without Sight to grow into a thriving community that showcases the work of blind and partially sighted creatives, and how they navigated the industry to find themselves in their current role. Starting in February 2024, we will be curating monthly virtual meet-up sessions, which will bring together established professionals, community members who are just starting out, and everybody in between, creating a space to share knowledge, solutions, and tips for success. The sessions will be open, informal, and supportive – we hope that all attendees will feel comfortable to ask questions as well as share advice.
How will the sessions be structured?
1. Each session will begin with a live discussion between a headline guest speaker or panel and a host from the Sound Without Sight team. The host will ask curated questions, including relevant ones submitted in advance by the community. 2. We will then open up to questions and discussion between attendees, which could be about anything related to music or audio. 3. Finally, we will round off the session by playing out audio submissions and sharing updates from community members. Got a new release coming out? Tried something new or achieved something that you’d like to share? Let us know before the session and we’ll make sure there’s time to shout about it!
When and where?
Third Thursday of the month, 7.30pm UK time. Sessions will take place on Zoom and last around an hour.
Next session
Thursday 15th February 2024, featuring Slau Halatyn.
We are excited to announce our first Monthly Meet-up on Thursday 15th February featuring headline guest, Slau Halatyn. Slau is a New York based producer, studio owner, musician, and advocate for accessibility within music production tools. He is best known for his supporting the development of accessibility within Pro Tools and Sibelius, helping to ensure that these pieces of software are compatible with VoiceOver. This 60-90 minute session will be of particular interest for people with an interest in music production, although everyone is welcome.
Slau will be discussing:
– His journey as a recording engineer, producer, and studio owner.
– Tips for honing the people skills involved in being a producer and recording engineer. – His experience of working with Avid to improve accessibility of Pro Tools. This is a relaxed, informal discussion and audience participation is encouraged. We advised that you contact us with any questions you may have so that we can ensure that they are included in our discussion. There will also be time at the end for a Q&A so that you have the opportunity to ask any questions that may occur to you during the session.
Register via Zoom from the Sound Without Sight website here:

https://soundwithoutsight.org/community/monthly-meet-ups/