I've just started pth, and think it is much preferable to pthreads.  I
have two questions:

1.  Does pth act like pthreads in terms of order of execution of
    waits and signals?  Specifically, if a signal is posted and
    a wait has not yet been posted, does that signal get discarded?

2.  In debugging any pth application using gdb, I get a message like

       Program received signal SIGUSR1, User defined signal 1.

    once for each thread.  It is not a problem, because I just
    continue past it, but is there a way to avoid it?

Norm Matloff
UC Davis