This is not really a problem, IMO.  When using gdb, you should just
continue (by typing cont) whenever you get a SIGUSR1.  SIGUSR1 seems
to occur when ever a thread is created (at least while running gdb!).

Brandon M. Reynolds                    Ph: (330) 644-3059
Systems Engineer                       Fax: (330) 644-8110
Commercial Timesharing Inc.            Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]