On Tue, Oct 17, 2000, Oliver George wrote:

> I want to modify a program to make it send a null (0x00) character in
> certain events.  I can't find any examples/tutorials on how to use
> pth_message_t and i'm sure it should be easy.
>
> If someone could shoot me or perhaps just email me the few lines of code
> which will put me out of my misery i'd really appreciate it.

You can send any octet stream to Pth message ports. The intended use is
to define structure which just includes pth_message_t at it's top. The
remaining stuff in the structure then can contain whatever you want,
including the nulls you want. In the supplied chunk of memory all which
Pth expects is that it starts with a pth_message_t structure. Pth then
only uses this part. Anything else which is attached is not touched.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com