On Sat, Oct 28, 2000, Martin Charlesworth wrote:

> Has anyone been able to port pth 1.3.7 to intel Solaris 8.
>
> I get the following error when runing 'make test'.
>
>       === TESTING BASIC THREAD OPERATION ===
>
>       Creating attribute object
>       Spawning thread
>       Joining thread
>       Segmentation Fault - core dumped
>       Please send the following summary line together with details about
>       the configuration (pth_acdef.h, pth_acmac.h, config.status,
> config.log)
>       and build/test steps (output of 'make' and 'make test') to the
> author
>       Ralf S. Engelschall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> to help him in tracking
>       down your platform problem.
>
>       Pth: FAILED: i386-pc-solaris2.8 | mcsc/sc/mc | down | 1.3.7
>
>       make: [test-std] Error 1 (ignored)
>
> Any suggestions / ideas / help appreciated.

I've investigated this already in the past and the solution I came
up was to just build Pth with --disable-shared. Why disabling shared
library building makes Pth running under Solaris I never understood. But
there has to be a subtle bug in Solaris/X86, because the same stuff runs
fine under Solaris/SPARC.
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com