I have been getting quite frustrated with Redhat 7.0.  Ultimately I am
trying to get sendmail-8.11.2 to compile properly.  I get errors due to
issues with the ldap libraries.  The libraries are probably faulty,
because I could only compile openldap-1.2.11 not 2.0.7 due to issues that
2.0.7 had with the default LinuxThread pthread.h.  I thought I would get
the latest version of GNU Pth and compile and install with '/configure
--enable-pthread'.  GNU Pth compile fails with the following error:

./libtool --mode=compile --quiet gcc -c -I. -O2 -pipe pthread.c
In file included from /usr/include/signal.h:361,
                 from /usr/include/sys/signal.h:2,
                 from pthread.h:104,
                 from pthread.c:43:
/usr/include/bits/sigthread.h:36: parse error before `__thread'
make: *** [pthread.lo] Error 1

Here is line 36 from my sigthread.h file:

extern int pthread_kill (pthread_t __thread, int __signo) __THROW;

I don't know if all this info will help, but any assistance would be
appreciated.  If any more information would help, I'd be happy to offer
it. I have been advised by someone in the openldap group to "update" to
Redhat 6.2. I don't particularly want to do this, but if it is
necessary... :)

Thanks,
Doug Bible