Is drag and drop the only thing that is not working after an
exception?
Are the menus still active?

Note that when vergil throws an exception, the dialog that comes up is
a Modal Dialog, which must be dismissed before you can interact
with other windows.  Modal Dialogs are a bad thing in general, and we
hope that they some day go away.

I've sometimes seen drag and drop have problems, where I can't drag
an actor, but usually releasing the mouse and clicking on the actor
works.

What OS are you running (hint, Windows 98 is not an OS :-)
What version of the JDK are you running? What do you get when you type
     'java -version'

I'm assuming that you are running Ptolemy II 1.0.1 here.

-Christopher

--------

    dear list,
        i've been facing a problem with vergil from a long time and i
    think its a sorta bug.The problem is, whenever it pops up an exception,
    one can not drag any actor after that. You have to restart the vergil.
    Correct me if i am wrong.
        Is there any way to make life easy?
        aloha
        ashutosh