The whole point of this is that 'truncate' is somewhat ambiguous, and the
most common usage (round To minus Infinity) is not what the truncate method
in Ptolemy currently does.  So, we are adding a bunch of new methods, with
names that are more explicit, to implement
the different interesting truncation modes.  For a bit of backwards
compatability, the truncate() method will still exist and perform as before
(round To Zero) but will be deprecated.

Steve