At 06:51 AM 2/23/2003 +0000, w azure wrote:
hi,everyone
I have downloaded the Ptolemy for win2000 in 15,Feb.There still is a problem when i rename port's name!when i input a newname and commit this process,but there is no changing.The port's name is still original name,such as "port1","port5".
I have searched in the mailing list,but there is not the same problem as mine.
there is anyone can help me? thanks

You cannot rename a port for an atomic actor (one that is defined in Java) because the port name is defined in the Java code. If you rename it in vergil, it will seem to work, but if you save the model and then reopen it, it will have two ports instead of one, one with the original name and one with the new name. The one with the new name will not be used for anything.

Renaming a port on a composite actor works for me...

Edward Lee