Assuming I understood your question right, one thing you could do is:

Create a Windows Shortcut
Make the "Target": javaw ptolemy.vergil.VergilApplication <full path to file you want to run>
Make the "Start in": %PTII%

That should be it.

Ryan

---------
Ryan O'Grady
Cybernet Systems Corporation
727 Airport Boulevard
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
734.668.2567

Goode, Wayne wrote:

When installing Ptolemy using the Windows installer, the installer creates a
shortcut to Vergil.  When installing from the source and making, no
shortcuts are created.  The instructions say to run Ptolemy from the Bash
shell.  How can I create a shortcut to run Vergil in a source installation?
I liked the ability to add my model filename to the shortcut and start my
model with a double-click.  Perhaps by modifying cygwin.bat to pass
vergil.bat to Bash?  I tried it and it did not work and I don't know enough
about Bash to understand why it didn't work.  The Windows Installer shortcut
runs vergil-full.exe; however, this file is not generated in the source
installation.
As I mentioned before, I am writing a procedure for my coworkers to install
Ptolemy, Cygwin, Eclipse, Apache POI, my actors, etc.  Thanks to previous
answers on the list, it now works fine.  A shortcut to Vergil is all I need
to finish my procedure.

BTW, this actually works on my system because I have inadvertently mixed the
binary and source installation.  However, I'm not sure the steps I took to
get it to work and it has caused many other problems.  (See my previous
questions to the list.)

Thanks for the help,

Wayne Goode, SAIC, Huntsville, AL