"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Hi all,
>
> In many cases, a node in a wireless network needs to know its own
> location, and sends its location to  other nodes. Does anyone know how
> to implement these in wireless domain?
> I cannot find a direct way to get the location of a WirelessComposite
> actor in the graph editor.
>
> thanks.
>
> Liu

I believe the location information is stored in a property named
"_location" that is of type ptolemy.kernel.util.Location

For example, the moml looks like
        <property name="_location" class="ptolemy.kernel.util.Location"
value="530.0, 515.0">
        </property>

See
ptII/ptolemy/domains/wireless/demo/EvaderAndPursuer/Pursuer.java
for an atomic actor that gets the _location parameter and sends the
x and y location to outputs.

You might find what I wrote in 2004 of interest:

> Sounds like you would want something similar to the wireless sound
> detection demo.
>
> See the wireless sound demo for a use of the GraphicalLocator actor
> which extends the Locator actor:
>
> $PTII/ptolemy/domains/wireless/demo/WirelessSoundDetection/WirelessSoundDetection.htm
>
> There is an applet version at
> http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptolemyII/ptII4.0/ptII4.0.1/ptolemy/...
>
> The wireless specific versoin of Ptolemy II is described in:
> http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/publications/papers/04/VisualSense/V...
> and
> http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/papers/04/VisualSenseERLMemo0408/ind...
>
> For a model that moves an icon, see
>  $PTII/ptolemy/actor/parameters/demo/Bouncer/Bouncer.xml
>
> Double click on the Bouncer actor to see that
> _location is set to [250.0, locationY]
> and locationY is set to centerPoint

_Christopher