Hi,

I am part of a group that develops an open-source (GPL) multimedia platform called Drone. Over the past few years, we have been developing, in C++, a dataflow-oriented, video-only platform. For our next release, we are now targeting a platform that supports different programming paradigms (dataflow, FSM, scripting, etc).

We have recently (2 days ago) found out about Ptolemy II and have been studying it alot. We have tried to answer a few questions:
https://lethe.koumbit.net/trac/drone/wiki/DevNotes/PtolemyII

However, we feel like it would help if someone on this list could give us feedback. Our primary concern is: Can we built complex, real-time, interactive programs with PtII? What is the time/memory overhead of using Ptolemy II?

Most of the demos we have found in Ptolemy II have very few entities. The only one with many entities (HanoiTowers.xml) is way too slow, but this may be due to its use of recursion.

Thanks,

Drone website: http://drone.ws/
Dev site: https://lethe.koumbit.net/trac/drone/

--