The program for the Seventh Biennial Ptolemy Miniconference is below.

Many thanks to everyone who submitted a title and abstract.  We had
plenty of good presentation proposals, but only a certain amount of
time, so we had to place some presentations as posters.

We will be distributing the presentations and posters in a handout, so
we want to collect them in advance of the conference.  Thus, if you
are giving a presentation or poster, please submit your presentation
to ptconf07 at ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu by 6am PST, Monday, February
5.

If you are giving a poster, we will have poster overviews.
I'd like to get the poster overviews in advance, but I can also
accept those the day of the conference.  We will not redistribute
the overviews.

Details about presentations and posters can be found at the
instuctions link on
http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/conferences/07

Please register for the Miniconference.  See the registration
link on
http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/conferences/07

We intend to charge a $100 conference fee to all attendees.  At one
time, the conference web page had a different fee policy, but after
consultation we decided to charge everyone.  I apologize for
any confusion.

Below is the program:

Seventh Biennial Ptolemy Miniconference
      Tuesday, February 13, 2007
      Soda Hall, UC Berkeley

Registration and Overview

   8:00 - 8:30  Registration and Continental Breakfast
          HP Auditorium, 3rd Floor Soda Hall, UC Berkeley

   8:30 - 8:45  "Ptolemy Project Overview, Status, and Future Directions"
          Edward A. Lee, UC Berkeley

   8:45 - 9:15  "Kepler Project Overview, Status, and Future Directions"
          Matthew Jones, National Center for Ecological Analysis and
          Synthesis (NCEAS)

Session 1

   9:15 - 9:35  "The Kepler Actor Repository: Enabling Remote Storage, Query and
          Retrieval of Actors and other Workflow Components"
          Chad Berkley, NCEAS

   9:35 - 9:55  "Leveraging synchronous language principles for continuous-time,
          discrete-event, and hybrid system models."
          Haiyang Zheng, UC Berkeley

   9:55 - 10:15  Break

Session 2

   10:15 - 10:35  "Scheduling Data-Intensive Workflows in Kepler"
          Tim H. Wong

   10:35 - 10:55  "PTIDES: Programming Temporally Integrated Distributed
Embedded
          Systems"
          Yang Zhao, UC Berkeley

   10:55 - 11:15  "Flexible Scientific Workflow with Dynamic Embedding"
          Anne Hee Hiong Ngu, Texas State

   11:15 - 11:35  "Partial Evaluation for Optimized Compilation of
Actor-oriented
          Models"
          Gang Zhou

Posters and Lunch

   11:35 - 12:00  Poster Overviews Poster presenters are encouraged to give a 3
minute
          presentation about their poster.
          We might have space for more posters, if you are interested in
          doing a poster, please email ptcnf07 at ptolemy eecs berkeley  edu.

        "Real-Time Fault-Tolerant Distributed DE for Embedded Systems"
                Thomas Feng, UC Berkeley

        "A Kepler-based Three Tier Architecture applied to LiDAR
                Interpolation"
                Efrat Frank, Ilkay Altintas, San Diego Supercomputer
                Center

        "Nesting and Unnesting Models of Computation"
                Antoon Goderisa, University of Manchester

        "Using the RExpression Actor in Kepler Workflows"
                Dan Higgins & Josh Madin, NCEAS

        "C code generation framework in Ptolemy II"
                Man-Kit Leung, UC Berkeley

        "Actor Oriented as OpenOffice.org Macro Language"
                Rodolfo Totaro, SP-Process s.p.a.

        "Ptolemy Reconfigurable and Programmable Hardware Platform"
                Mohamed A. Salem, Mentor Graphics Corporation

        "How to measure Multi-Instruction, Multi-Core Processor
                Performance using Simulation"
                Deepak Shankar & Darryl Koivisto, Mirabilis Design Inc.

        "Overcoming the Gap Between Design at Electronic System Level
                (ESL) and Implementation"
                Horst Salzwedel, Technical University of Ilmenau

   12:00 - 12:30 Lunch (Provided)
          Wozniak Lounge, 4th floor Soda Hall

   12:30 - 2:00  Poster Session
          Wozniak Lounge

Session 3

   2:00 - 2:20  "Correctness in Causal Systems"
          Eleftherios Matsikoudis, UC Berkeley

   2:20 - 2:40  "Causality Interfaces for Actor Networks"
          Ye Zhou, UC Berkeley

   2:40 - 3:00  "COMAD:Collection-Oriented Modeling and Design of Scientific
Workflows
          and Data"
          Timothy McPhillips, UC Davis

   3:00 - 3:20  "The Power of Higher-Order Components in System Design"
          Adam Cataldo, UC Berkeley

   3:20 - 3:40  Break

Session 4

   3:40 - 4:00  Title to be determined, Topic: Provenance.
          Norbert Podhorszki (UC Davis), Ilkay Altintas (San Diego
          Supercomputer Center)

   4:00 - 4:20  "Viptos: A Graphical Development and Simulation Environment for
          TinyOS-based Wireless Sensor Networks"
          Elaine Cheong, UC Berkeley

   4:20 - 4:40  Tentative title: "The CAL Actor Language: Synthesizing Models
to FPGA"
          Jorn Janneck, Xilinx Research Labs

   4:40 - 5:00  "Cyber-Physical Systems: A Vision of the Future"
          Edward A. Lee, UC Berkeley

   5:00 - 6:30  Reception
          Wozniak Lounge

_Christopher

Christopher Brooks (cxh at eecs berkeley edu) University of California
Programmer/Analyst Chess/Ptolemy/Trust        US Mail: 558 Cory Hall #1774
ph: 510.643.9841 fax:510.642.2718             Berkeley, CA 94720-1774
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 (W-F) 510.655.5480  (office: 400A Cory)