Hi Rajarshi,
That sounds like a scoping problem of some sort.
Can you try it in Ptolemy II 6.0.1 and if it fails, then post
a small example?
_Christopher
--------

    Hello all,
                      When i try running a simulation of my HSIF model written
    as xml file in HyVisual 5.0.1, I get the following Exception:

    ptolemy.kernel.util.IllegalActionException: Cannot find port or variable
    with the name : S1.y.initialState in .NOT_BLOCK.NOT._Controller and
    .NOT_BLOCK.NOT._Controller.idt1ids1ids1.setActions.

    Can anyone please tell me what is/are the reasons for this Exception?

    'y' is a local variable defined as Boolean data type and is set as action
    when the jump condition on the transition idt1ids1ids1 is true.

    Operating System : Windows 2000
    Java version: 1.4.2
    HyVisual version: 5.0.1
--------