Hi J. S.,
This problem has come up before.
See
http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptolemyII/ptII3.0/mac.htm
and
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.ptolemy/browse_thread/thread/7bc82c044d96ebda/523be2eb2ba355d9?lnk=st&q=ptolemy+right+click+macos&rnum=4&hl=en#523be2eb2ba355d9

I don't have a mac, so I can't easily test this.

The place to look is diva/canvas/event/MouseFilter.java

        * diva/canvas/event/MouseFilter.java, lib/diva.jar
        (rel-6-0-beta.[1,1]): Mac fixes (Dan Higgins)

        * diva/canvas/event/MouseFilter.java (1.23): Added
        InputEvent.META_MASK to _modifierMask. The Macintosh requires
        META_MASK for selecting relations and right clicking.  However, a
        comment further down says:     // Do not or these masks in, they
        will conflict with right mousing     // on transitions in modal
        models     //| InputEvent.ALT_MASK     //|
        InputEvent.ALT_GRAPH_MASK     //| InputEvent.META_MASK; However,
        even with the change, right clicking on transitions in Modal Models
        seems to work.

See also

        * ptolemy/vergil/actor/ActorEditorGraphController.java (1.41):
        Maybe mac will work now?

        * ptolemy/vergil/basic/PopupMouseFilter.java (1.3): modified to
        deal properly on windows and mac.

        * diva/canvas/event/: ExtendedMouseFilter.java (1.1),
        LayerEvent.java (1.12), makefile (1.4): added ExtendedMouseFilter
        for dealing with extended modifiers correctly.

I'm sorry that this problem keeps coming up.  I almost switched to a
mac, but macs don't have the mouse embedded in the middle of the
keyboard that I've become fond of.

If you fix this, I can fold it into the CVS branch.

_Christopher

--------

    Creating relations in FSMs in Ptolemy II involves CTRL-clicking and
    dragging. In OS X, CTRL-click is a replacement for right-clicking. Thus
    we just cannot create relations in FSM in OS X, which is a major
    problem. Is there a known solution?

    Thanks,

    --
    J. S. Senécal