There is also JPL......which is like JNI for c and java, except it's for perl and java. You can implement a EmbeddedPerlActor, just like the EmbeddedCActor. All you need to do is to generate the perl stub and the java class to invoke the perl method on the fly.

~mankit

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher Brooks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Josep Maria Campanera Alsina" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <ptolemy-hackers@bennett.EECS.Berkeley.EDU>
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2008 7:45 AM
Subject: Re: Perlscript actor like PythonScript actor

Hi Josep,

There is no direct perl interface actor in Ptolemy.  You would have to
write one.  Locally, we don't use Perl that much, so we have no
specific plans to do so.

The PythonScript actor uses Jython, which is an implementation of
Python written in Java.

You could use the Embedded C actor to invoke the C version of Perl.

See also how R is called in Kepler.

Another idea is to exec a remote process using the Exec actor, call
perl and read the results.

_Christopher

Christopher Brooks (cxh at eecs berkeley edu) University of California
Chess Executive Director                      US Mail: 337 Cory Hall #1774
Programmer/Analyst Chess/Ptolemy/Trust        Berkeley, CA 94720-1774
ph: 510.643.9841 fax:510.642.2718       (office: 400A Cory)
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 (W-F) 510.655.5480

--------

   ------=_Part_33675_4958866.1204633295578

   Dear Community,
   I'd like to know whether exists a Perlscript actor comparable to
   already exisiting PythonScript actor.

   Well I'd like to have an actor that executes a Perl script. Also, to
make the script visible, editable and embeddable to the actor without havin
  =
   an attached perl file as I have now.

Does it exist? How can be built it? Which option Do I have to work around a
   perl script with Ptolemy (I'm a Kepler user)?

   Thanks a lot,

   Josep Maria,

   Josep Maria Campanera Alsina
   Investigador Juan de la Cierva
   Departament de Fisicoqu=EDmica
   Facultat de Farm=E0cia
   Avgda Joan XXIII, s/n
   08028 Barcelona =B7 Catalonia =B7 Spain
   Tel: +34 93 4035988
   Fax: +34 93 4035987
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

   ------=_Part_33675_4958866.1204633295578

  =
   tor comparable to already&nbsp;exisiting PythonScript actor.</div>
  =
so, to make&nbsp;the script visible, editable and embeddable to the actor w
  =
   ithout having an&nbsp;attached perl file as I have now.</div>
  =
und a perl script with Ptolemy (I&#39;m a Kepler user)?<br clear=3D"all"><b
  =
   r>Thanks a lot,</div>
  =
nera Alsina<br>Investigador Juan de la Cierva<br>Departament de Fisicoqu=ED
  =
  =
   =B7 Catalonia =B7 Spain<br>
Tel: +34 93 4035988<br>Fax: +34 93 4035987<br><a onclick=3D"return top.js.O
  =
penExtLink(window,event,this)" href=3D"mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]" target=3D"_
  =

  =

   ------=_Part_33675_4958866.1204633295578--