Hi Eva,
In Ptolemy, when you have a stack trace, you can easily grab the
contents of the error message by doing the following:

1) Click on the "Display Stack Trace" button
2) Use the mouse to highlight the text by clicking the left
button and dragging the mouse
3) Type Control-C to copy the text
4) Paste the stack trace into an email message.

The JPG you sent reads:
--start--
Running "make -C
/usr/local/src/ptII7.0.1/ptolemy/domains/ptinyos/demo/SendAndReceiveCnt/output
-f _SendAndReceiveCnt_InWireless_CntToLedsAndRfm_CntToLedsAndRfm.0.mk
ptII" returned '2' which is a nonzero value
Output:
make: Entering directory
'/usr/local/src/ptII7.0.1/ptolemy/domains/ptinyos/demo/SendAndReceiveCnt/outpu;
mkdir -p build/ptII
  compiling _SendAndRec...
--end--

Error code 2 usually means that when make ran a subcommand, the
subcommand returned a 2, which /usr/include/sys/errno.h defines as "No
such file or directory".  I've also seen this error when Ptolemy
cannot find the make executable, though this usually happens under
Windows, not Linux.

The way to debug the above is to try running the make program by hand
with the arguments from the error message and then determine exactly
from where the error code 2.

Also, make sure that step 12 of the installation notes:

http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptolemyII/ptII6.0/ptII/ptolemy/domains/ptinyos/doc/installation.htm

works

--start--
12. See if you have installed TinyOS 1.x and nesC correctly:

cd $TOSROOT/apps/Blink
make pc
./build/pc/main.exe 1

The Blink application should successfully compile. When running the
executable, you should see TOSSIM output. See
$TOSROOT/doc/tutorial/lesson5.html or the online version of tutorial
lesson 5 for more information.
--end--

Also, you might try using Ptolemy II 6.0 instead of 7.0.  I have not
tried Viptos with Ptolemy II 7.0.

Getting TinyOS to work with Ptolemy is tricky, I suggest using exactly
the versions of the software that we document as working on the
installation page, which is Ptolemy II 6.0, not 7.0.1.  For example,
instead of downloading tinyos-1.x from CVS, try.
http://ptolemy.berkeley.edu/viptos/viptos1.0/tinyos-1.x-2007-01-17.zip

You might also try installing Viptos under Windows by following the
instructions at
http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptolemyII/ptII6.0/ptII/ptolemy/domains/ptinyos/doc/installViptosUnderCygwin.htm

_Christopher
--------

    Hello everybody once again.

    I 've managed to run viptos up to a point (without errors that is).
    However, when I run a demo I get the attached error.

    I installed tinyos-1.x from the cvs, then I created the MoML libraries
    corresponding to the Dec 2005 TinyOS RPM release.

    After that, I created momlapp which contains the MoML applications.

    I set the relevant env variables for PTII, TOSROOT, TOSDIR, PTINYOS_MOMLROO
   T.

    I ran configure, make, make install in $PTII.

    The rest of the required S/W is already installed, as I have tinyos-2.x
    running ok on my machine. As a result, nesc is installed in /usr/local/bin
   and
    it is operational.

    I still have the error: "make -c return -2", which is an error code.

    Could I have any suggestion please??
    I can't believe that it is so difficult for me to fully run viptos.
    What do I miss again??

    I would appreciate any answer.

    Thanks in advance,

    Eva Kolega
    Phd student
    National Technical University of Athens, Greece