Thanks for the previous feedback. We have made some progress but, because we are still learning Ptolemy, there is a conceptual problem:

We developed a model that is an attempt to define a time line using a lib.Clock and a DE director. Embedded in this DE, there is a composite SDF actor representing a modem. However, the modem fires only when there is a DE event fired by the lib.Clock. We wanted a solution to run the SDF "independently" of having DE events, and then having the DE events changing the state of the FSM we put inside the SDF modem.

In case someone has an opportunity to take a look, we posted the XML files in
http://www.laps.ufpa.br/~aldebaro/ptolemy/
and also a PDF describing our current situation:
http://www.laps.ufpa.br/~aldebaro/ptolemy/not_knowing_ptolemy.pdf

Thanks again,
Aldebaro

Edward A. Lee escreveu:
Sounds reasonable. You could also use modal models (FSMs) to
encode the mode-switching logic.

Edward Lee