At 02:27 AM 7/22/2008, Sapan AGARWAL wrote:
>Hi ,
>
>I am trying to update one of the configurable parameters based on the value of
>another Parameter.For this, within the actor I have implemented the
>attributeChanged() function which checks if the first parameter has changed.
>If yes, then I update the second Parameter. But this change is only reflected
>when I hit the Commit Button and reopen the config dialog box.
>
>e.g, If y=0, I set x =2
>
>If y=1 , I set x = 5
>
>Is it possible to update the Parameters dynamically without reopening the
>config dialog box?
>
>Regards,
>Sapan

Why not give this value for x:

  y == 0 ? 2 : 5

Then Ptolemy will take care of the update for you...

Edward

Edward A. Lee
Robert S. Pepper Distinguished Professor
EECS Dept., 545Q Cory Hall, UC Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720-1770
phone: 510-643-3728, fax: 510-642-5745
[EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.eecs.berkeley.edu/Faculty/Homepages/lee.html