You need to edit the makefile for your platform
($PTOLEMY/mk/config-$PTARCH.mk).

You need to recompile parts of Ptolemy.

It is easiest to build from scratch, or you could try the following:

ftp://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/pub/ptolemy/ptolemy0.7/html/matlab.txt
says:
---
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Glen Ewing) writes:

In summary I think it would be helpful if it were documented that to enable
matlab in the 0.7 distribution one has to do the following things:
1) The variable INCLUDE_MATLAB in config-default.mk has to be set to 'yes'
   (NEED_MATLABDIR appears to already be set to 1 in the distribution).
2) The location of the matlab executable should be in the path in effect when
   remaking ptolemy.
3) If ptolemy has already been compiled then
   make clean and make should be run in $PTOLEMY/obj.sol2/utils/libptmatlab,
   $PTOLEMY/obj.sol2/utils/libexttools,
$PTOLEMY/obj.sol2/domains/sdf/matlab/stars
   and a make at $PTOLEMY should be done.

---
I believe that Ptolemy was never able to work with Matlab 5 under HPUX, I think
that Matlab 5 and Ptolemy was only tested under Solaris 2.5.1
However, I'm not sure of the above.
You might try poking around the archives.

-Christopher