Check out the troubleshooting guide:
http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptolemyclassic/almagest/docs/user/html/install.doc5.html#A.5.9
 Dynamic linking fails

Basically, you will want to use nm to see if the missing symbol is
present in MyMessage.o

-Christopher

--------

    Hello,
    I got some problem here: I created a few stars and a derived message class
   MyMessage.hxx was included in their source codes. Before I run pigi, I separ
   ately compiled MyMessage.cxx, and SDFMyStar.cc, and then put "permlink MyMes
   sage.o..." in .ptkrc file.
    When I was trying to run the application made up of Mystars, I got this mes
   sages:
    "/users/ptolemy-0.7.1p1-8/bin.linus/pigiRpc: error in loading shared librar
   ies:....undefined symbol: _14MyMessageiPd...", and Vem Rpc connection was br
   oken...

    Has anyone ever experienced this? I need your help!
    Thanks!

    Yihong Zhu

--------