Tyler Booth wrote:
> Using 5.8ghz for end-user client access is a bad idea for outdoor
> access anyway (unless you have direct line of site to each and every
> end-user).

Were MetroFi connections allowed in on 802.11a? I'd only used it once or
twice but I wasn't paying attention to the details.

> The Ubiquiti radio inside the SkyPilot is just a mini-pci card
> (probably XR2 or similar), AFAIK, they do not utilize any ubiquiti
> controller boards like the lite station, or otherwise.

Their older card, the SuperRange2 uses an Atheros AR5213 whereas the
ExtremeRange2 uses the AR5414. Both are supported under Linux, however.
But if the SkyConnector Mini isn't just a Ubiquiti NS2 repackaged, how'd
they end up with identical housing? Buying from or contracting with the
same vendor?

-Gary