On 9/27/07, Marco Cavallini <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > ptxdisk 1.0 is ok on ubuntu, ptxdist 10.6 doesn't work right.
> >
> > To fix the locale error in 10.6 edit configure:
> > LOCALEDEF_VERSION=`$LOCALEDEF --version 2>/dev/null | $SED -ne
> > "s/.*bin. \([0-9\.]*\)/\1/p"`
>
> Thank you Jon
> now it works smoothly

It still won't build things right even with that fix on Ubuntu and
using bash. There is a problem in the shell variable escaping code
somewhere and directories will get named {bin} instead of bin. Because
of that later stages will fail. ptxdist 1.0 doesn't have this problem.
The phytec tiny5 package needs some editing to build on ptxdist 1.0.

I would recommend using dash to develop ptxdist in the future. dash is
a subset of bash. It removed a lot of little used features from bash.
If ptxdist works on dash it will work on bash too.

--
Jon Smirl
[EMAIL PROTECTED]