Hi,

we are developing on an Phytec i.MX31 Board with the PTXDist 0.10.6 installed
and working. USB "hotplug" with mass-storage devices works well.

What we now want to do is to build a new USB Serial Driver which shall be loaded
automatically when a USB Device with VendorID=0x1234, ProductID=0x4321 is
loaded.

At the current state of development, our new usbserial driver is compiled and
our driver is loaded successfully with modprobe.

But when we connect the USB Device with VendorID=0x1234, ProductID=0x4321,
nothing happens:
---
usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using fsl-ehci and address 10
---

We would expect that the Hotplug mechanism would check for the Vendor/ProductId
in e.g. usb.usermap or usb.distmap . We inserted the VendorID/ProductId in
usb.usermap or usb.distmap but no Hotplugging seems to happen.

As we went on with our investigation we found out that the hotplug process
doesn't seem to be implemented/running.
Normally we would expect that the kernel module for the specific usb device is
loaded when there is an entry in the usb.usermap,... files?!

Can you tell us the method how to load specific kernel modules when a specific
usb device is connected?

Thanks in advance,
Robert