Robert Schwebel wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 12:13:11AM +0200, Marc Kleine-Budde wrote:
>> Until this patch the installation of the dynamic loader was coupled to
>> the glibc. This patch makes it possible to select the glibc but don't
>> install any libs at all.

> Out of interest: what's the use case for this?

Selecting the C library specifies the toolchain to be used. There are
two use cases, where I want to specify the used c library but do not
want to install any C libraries at all

1. pure statically linked sytem
2. $SHINY_NEW_FEATURE: the glibc ipkg comes from the production release
   BSP

cheers, Marc

--
Pengutronix e.K.                         | Marc Kleine-Budde           |
Linux Solutions for Science and Industry | Phone: +49-231-2826-924     |