Hi Michael,

> The problem is that PTXCONF_IMAGE_JFFS2_EXTRA_ARGS already contains the
> quotation marks.
>       echo -n "$(call remove_quotes,$(PTXCONF_IMAGE_JFFS2_EXTRA_ARGS)) ";\
> is probably the correct fix. Or
>       echo -n $(PTXCONF_IMAGE_JFFS2_EXTRA_ARGS); \
> and add the space in the next line.

Just to make clear I used the quotation marks to show what I have
entered in the ptxdist menu->platformconfig->image creation
options->Generate images/root.jffs2->extra arguments passed to
mkfs.jffs2

So if PTXCONF_IMAGE_JFFS2_EXTRA_ARGS contains already the quotation
marks... they are comming from the menu ;-)

Isn't it a general problem which has to be fixed also in other
rules/makefiles ?

Jürgen