Hallo all,

Is there a list of supported distributions for ptxdist. I am using RHEL 5.5 (actually CentOS 5.5) and have big troubles to use ptxdist on that distribution. And RHEL 5.5 is not exactly an "exotic" distribution.

Problems I had/have are (but not limited to);
1 - host GCC is not able to build new toolchains
2 - host binutils is not able to build new toolchains
3 - host python is 2.4 which is not enough for several Xorg packages (need 2.5)

So I am going from one problem to another.

So hence the question what distros is ptxdist tested on and the suggestion to add CentOS 5.X (and the upcoming 6.X) to that list.

- Erwin