Am 19.10.2011 19:46, schrieb Robert Schwebel:
On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 04:42:46AM -0400, Jon Ringle wrote:
After more testing, I found that there were other situations where the version
comparison does not work well.

I ended up replacing the implementation of ptxd_ipkg_rev_smaller() with
something much simpler, albeit dependent on dpkg that seems to work well:

ptxd_ipkg_rev_smaller() {
     dpkg --compare-versions $1 lt $2
}

Hmm, that makes us dependend on dpkg (and thus on Debian). PTXdist tries
hard to run on any distribution, so I'm not happy with this.

Maybe Perl would be okay?

http://www.emdebian.org/trac/browser/current/target/dpkg/trunk/scripts/Dpkg/Version.pm?rev=6998

Seems to be quite official, and the Dpkg::ErrorHandling and Dpkg::Gettext could be easily removed.

Regards,
Bernhard