Hi Bernhard,

On 23.01.2012 14:07, Bernhard Walle wrote:
> * Andreas Bießmann <biessm...@corscience.de> [2012-01-23 13:40]:
>>
>> shouldn't we build two different packages (u-boot-tool-mkimage,
>> u-boot-tool-env) here?
>
> I would add that tools as part of the u-boot package.
>
> Mixing a host tool with target tools don't sound like a good idea.

no, you got me wrong here. We have a host-u-boot-tools package which
have the mkimage build for the host (currently only that tool, but maybe
sometimes mkenvimage too?). Here we have the target package build for
the specified target architecture (yes some want to run mkimage ion the
target ;)

My question here is, should we provide a u-boot-tool-mkimage-<target
arch>.ipkg and u-boot-tool-env-<target arch>.ipkg here rather than a
u-boot-tools-<target arch>.ipkg which includes mkimage/fw_printenv
depending on the configuration.

best regards

Andreas Bießmann