Hei hei,

On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 03:01:34PM +0200, Michael Olbrich wrote:
> CROSS_AUTOCONF_ROOT -> configure is called with --prefix=/
> CROSS_AUTOCONF_USR  -> configure is called with --prefix=/usr

Ah I see. Thanks for explaining.

> When I create a new package I usually use what other distros are using. In
> most cases that's /usr. Unless there is a good reason, this should not be
> changed for any existing package.

Then this is some kind of conflict. In Debian (where ssmtp comes from)
and Ubuntu prefix is set to /usr so the paths end up /usr/sbin/ssmtp.
Without this would be /sbin/ssmtp as before in ptxdist. We could leave
it there but I'd like the symlink of sendmail to be in
/usr/sbin/sendmail.

I guess you assume this could break someones setup when changing from
/sbin/ssmtp to /usr/sbin/ssmtp right?

Greets
Alex

--
»With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured,
irrevocably.« (Jean-Luc Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie)