On 11/30/2012 03:27 PM, Robert Bouwens wrote:
> hi,
>
> as a test i try to update my local board support package.
> kernel dot org now has dot xz files and ptxdist does download them.
> what ever i do i get:
>
> ptxdist: error: Wrong md5sum for 'kernel-header'
> (/home/robert/local/BSP-XXXXX/src/linux-3.2.tar.xz)
>
> ok, ptxdist platformconfig has the updated value as older versions do
> download bz2 files.
> the md5sum has been calculated on two different machines.
> obviously with the same result - but ptxdist seems to have an other md5sum in
> mind.
>
> some help is needed and
>
> thanks for your help in advance

The md5 for the kernel in in your BSP's ptxconfig. It's for the kernel
archive. If you switch from an old ptxdist to a newer version, ptxdist
uses the .xz tarball now. So you have to change the md5 version of that
tarball in your ptxconfig file. Or you do:

    ptxdist extract kernel-header --update-md5

Marc
--
Pengutronix e.K.                  | Marc Kleine-Budde           |
Industrial Linux Solutions        | Phone: +49-231-2826-924     |