Greetings!

I configured ptxdist 2013.03.0 to generate a rather large (8GB) hd.img for
me,
but genext2fs fails:

Creating root.ext2 from working
dir.../home/herbrich/AEOS2/platform-evoc-x86/sysroot-host/bin/genext2fs:
couldn't allocate a block (no free space)
make: *** [/home/herbrich/AEOS2/platform-evoc-x86/images/root.ext2] Error
1

Since I had 30+GB free space in my TOPDIR, I went into the lurking depths
of
ptxdist and discovered what looked like a hardcoded setting of
PTXDIST_TEMPDIR
in the setup_libs_early() function of ptxdist itself:

#
# source the scripts we need
#
# we need the PTXdist shell library
# we need the version definitions
# we need the static variable definitions
#
# out: "ptxd_*"         library calls
#      "*"              ptxdist version variables
#      "*DIR"           directory definitions (some not correct, due to
missing PTXDIST_PLATFORMDIR)
#      PTXDIST_TEMPDIR  generic ptxdist temp dir
#
setup_libs_early() {
        local file abs_file

        for file in \
                scripts/ptxdist_vars.sh \
                scripts/libptxdist.sh \
        ; do
                abs_file="${PTXDIST_TOPDIR}/${file}"
                if [ -e "${abs_file}" ]; then
                        source "${abs_file}" || return
                else
                        echo "${PTXDIST_LOG_PROMPT}FATAL didn't find
${abs_file}"
                        exit 1
                fi
        done

        PTXDIST_TEMPDIR="$(mktemp -d /tmp/ptxdist.XXXXXX)"
        if [ ${?} -ne 0 ]; then
                echo
                echo "${PTXDIST_LOG_PROMPT}error: unable to create
tempdir"
                echo
                exit 1
        fi
}

Unfortunately I don't have 8+GB of RAM+swap handy, and I failed to find a
way to
cleanly set this variable to a location on my HDD. In retrospect I'm glad
that
kernel compilation didn't (yet) die on me with my limited /tmp ramdisk
space!

So, I guess my questions are:
1. How can I reliably generate a large-ish hd.img with limited /tmp space?
2. How can I set a different PTXDIST_TEMPDIR?

I am not inclined to accept "Dude, ptxdist is for embedded systems, create
smaller image already!" as an answer, though, sorry. ;)

Thanks a lot!
Dennis Herbrich

Hytera Mobilfunk GmbH
Fritz-Hahne-Str. 7
31848 Bad Münder/ Germany
Abteilung E

Tel.: + 49 (0) 5042 998 339
Fax: + 49 (0) 5042 998 305
mailto:dennis.herbr...@hytera.de

Geschäftsführer / President:  Matthias Klausing,  Sitz der Gesellschaft /
Company's Place of Business: Bad Muender,  Registereintrag / Commercial
Register No.  Amtsgericht / Local Court Hannover: HRB  100300,
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer (USt-IdNr.) / VAT Identification No.:
DE 115 447 987,  Elektro-Altgeräte Register (EAR) / WEEE Register No.: DE
187 048 87