Am 2013-07-22 12:19, schrieb henrik.kr...@heidolph.de:
> as I have created scripts in /etc/rc.d for automatic start of
> programms (and settings) these are not executed on startup. I can't
> use systemd mechanism because if I use it our GUI application has no
> input from the touch panel. With (manual) start via /etc/rc.d script
> this works well.
>
> What used to be done to have those scripts executed on startup?

This very much depends on your startup method. In ptxdist menuconfig you
gi "Root Filesystem" ---> "init" ---> "init method".

We use busybox init which uses init scripts put to /etc/init.d/ and
where you have symbolic links in rc.d pointing to the scripts in
/etc/init.d -- At system boot if you have the default /etc/inittab the
script /etc/init.d/rcS is executed which calls `run-parts -a start
/etc/rc.d` by default. "run-parts" is part of busybox itself. That's how
it goes with busybox init. I hope this contains some hints for you where
to look.

Greets
Alex

--
»With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured,
irrevocably.« (Jean-Luc Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie)