Hi Jon,

On Wednesday 07 August 2013 14:32:50 jon.b...@generaldynamics.uk.com wrote:
> I am trying to get valgrind enabled under Ptxdist. I can build the package
> ok and deploy it however when I attempt to run an app on the target system
> it fails complaining that it needs debugging symbols from glibc. The
> suggesion from online is that I either need a non-stripped glibc or an
> additional file which holds the symbols but it isn't clear from online
> searching what this file is called or where to locate it in the file
> system. The toolchain I am using is the OSELAS.Toolchain-2012.12.1 x86
> toolchain (prebuilt Debian package), I am hoping I just need to lift the
> relevant file(s) from there.

Sounds like you need to boot via network (NFSroot) and need to use
the "root-debug" directory instead of the "root" one as the root filesystem.

"root-debug" still contains all debug info.

Debug info for the main glibc is a different issue. This would drastically
increase the binary, so it is disabled by default.
When building the toolchain you can enable a special menu entry to keep the
debug info also for glibc (read its help!):

ptxdist menuconfig
  misc                          --->
   [*] debuggable toolchain internals

Regards,
Juergen

--
Pengutronix e.K.                              | Juergen Beisert             |
Linux Solutions for Science and Industry      | http://www.pengutronix.de/  |