Hi Jürgen,

On Mon, Jan 06, 2014 at 08:40:24AM +0100, Jürgen Beisert wrote:
> Hi Alexander,
>
> On Monday 13 May 2013 17:00:36 Michael Olbrich wrote:
> > On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 02:38:10PM +0200, Alexander Aring wrote:
> > > Currently there is no way to make a new lowpan-tools release.
> > > This patch synchronize the patches from version 0.3 with current
> > > git master.
> > >
> > > Delete Patch 0001-Avoid-crashing-in-izcoordinator.patch. Which is
> > > replaced by upstream 0001-izoordinator-Fixes-to-error-handling.patch
> > > patch.
> >
> > Thanks, applied.
>
> This package fails in the prepare stage when the LOWPAN_TOOLS_TESTS is not
> set.
> The 'configure' script always checks for python.
>
> I do not know yet how this package depends on python: Should we always build
> python in order to make this package build again or should we add a new
> parameter to its configure.ac to switch off this test, when the test tools
> are
> disabled?

indeed. The 'configure' script always checks for python and generate a
python 'site-package module'.

The LOWPAN_TOOLS_TESTS needs this 'module' only. But at the moment there
is no 'enable/disable' switch in the 'configure' script.

We shall change:

"select PYTHON if LOWPAN_TOOLS_TESTS" to "select PYTHON"

Thanks for the hint!

- Alex