Hi,

On Tue, Mar 04, 2014 at 12:13:24PM +0000, David Thomas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have got further now. I saw that the path was wrong for installation of
> libraries. I have fixed that so please disregard my previous question.
>
> My libcups.so library is now installed to the following directories:
>
> platform-phyCORE-AM335x/root/usr/lib
> platform-phyCORE-AM335x/root-debug/usr/lib
> platform-phyCORE-AM335x/sysroot-target/usr/lib
>
> My raster.h header file is installed to these:
>
> platform-phyCORE-AM335x/root/usr/include/cups
> platform-phyCORE-AM335x/root-debug/usr/include/cups
> platform-phyCORE-AM335x/sysroot-target/usr/include/cups

Normally you should not have any non runtime files like header files on
you target root. This is only needed at compile time.

> Ghostscript's configure still fails to pick it up:
>
> checking cups/raster.h usability... no
> checking cups/raster.h presence... no
> checking for cups/raster.h... no
>
> It must therefore be looking somewhere else for the files.
>
> Questions are:
>
> 1. Where is it looking? (I suppose this is the --sysroot used by gcc and the
> binutils.)
> 2. What would a typical macro look like to install a library there?

Difficult to say if we don't know what you doing in the rule files,
please send it as RFC to this list and I can check it. Please use
"git send-email" for that and we need all rule files including
dependencies, maybe we can get these rules mainline then.

I see in ghostscript configure some options like:

--enable-cups
--with-pdftoraster

do you acitvated that in the rule file of ghostscript?

- Alex