Von: "Lucas Stach" <l.st...@pengutronix.de>
An: ptxdist@pengutronix.de; "Matthias Klein" <matthias.kl...@optimeas.de>
Gesendet: 11.04.2018 11:42:44
Betreff: Re: [ptxdist] OSELAS Toolchain for i.MX 6UltraLite MCIMX6G2

Hi Matthias,

Am Mittwoch, den 11.04.2018, 09:26 +0000 schrieb Matthias Klein:
Hello,

we are using the OSELAS Toolchain 2014.12.2 in the "arm-v7a-linux-
gnueabihf" variant for the NXP i.MX6S7 and NXP i.MX6QP7.

Can we use this existing Toolchain and the PTXdist project also for
the i.MX 6UltraLite MCIMX6G2?

In other words: do we need only a different device tree (and a kernel
which supports the CPU/Board), or do we need a different Toolchain
(and different PTXdist project)?

Yes, both CPUs are compatible. The only difference regarding the
toolchain/platform is that the Cortex-A7 on the MX6UL supports vfp-v4,
while the Cortex-A9 on the older i.MX6 variants only supports vfp-v3.

The generic arm-v7a toolchain will not use the newer vfp version by
default, but it's something to keep in mind. Just don't add vfp-v4 to
the platform toolchain options in the BSP and you should be fine.

Regards,
Lucas