Hi.

I'd like to package (docker) a complete ptxdist build environment for a target platform but as light as possible. Since most application developers do not care about platform stuff, but still need to build images from time to time.

So now I have this question: Can I purge build and still produce results?

If I build a platform and remove src, platform-X/build-target, platform-X/build-host the actual storage requirements for a docker becomes _far_ less. All state are kept so I'd want the user to be able to do clean && compile for his rules. Also I'd like to be able to do a complete go && images.

The major caveat seems to be the sources directory. If I whipe the sources, ptxdist tries to rebuild stuff, even if there is no file (not changed, missing) and all states are completed. Get, prepare, compile, install etc.

Is there a proper way ptxdist can accomodate this usecase? I don't find it unresonable. There is little point in keeping everything or every user producing every bit of the result. Storage requirements is only like 10% of the original. Far easier to keep complete states of releases as fast checkpoints for minor corrections.