Hello

Just curious. In what situation would you need to alter the default
padding bytes? 0xff suits most (if not all) NVM types. Flash transition
layers usually just give an illusion of the traditional zero:ed block on
flash to block translation?

I had to tweak it to 0x00 after noticing that the env image generated by
our vendor supplied SDK has specified it in it's make process. Keeping
it at 0xFF wouldn't allow me to generate a firmware image. It could likely
be that it's a hard requirement of their image generation/flashing tool?
I honestly haven't put much further thought into it and assumed it's due
to the way NAND erasure works

Regards,
Sebastian