Dear Fellow Australians,

The NSW Supreme Court shares to Law Courts Building at Queen's Square in Sydney with the Federal and High Courts of Australia.  Up until today I have simply walked off the street and in through one of the 4 entrances into the foyer and caught the lifts in the multi-storied building.

Today and for the first time, in that foyer, I had to pass through a metal-detecter manned by 4 sheriffs.  It was a makeshift set-up and they missed the miniscule folding knife attached to my key-ring.

There must now be a perceived risk felt by staff of the building.  How sad!

Yours sincerely,

John Wilson.