Martin Hepp (UniBW) wrote:
Dear all:

I just found out that Kingsley Idehen released a major update of Virtuoso sponger cartridges that create and collate "virtual" meta-data for existing Web pages.

See

http://tr.im/bestbuygr2

for an example.

The cool thing is

- The data does not come from BestBuy directly; it is collected and collated on the fly from APIs and other resources (i.e. this is not yet the original BestBuy data). - It used the full level of detail of the GoodRelations ontology for e-commerce, http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/wiki/GoodRelations (not just 1 -2 properties). - It exposes both price information and technical features in GoodRelations. - If you request an XHTML version of the page, you get the meta-data in RDFa for further reuse and combination in novel scenarios.

There are a few very minor issues with the data; we already provided respective feedback to Openlink SW. But all should be quick fixes.

I am confident that this is a major step for a Web of Linked Data, because the same approach can bring unprecedented amounts of highly detailed GoodRelations data for existing Web content.

Well done, Kingsley!
Martin,

Thanks!

But well done (with more to come) to OpenLink Software :-)

Kingsley

Best
Martin

--